Toronto is a vibrant and dynamic city. With a diverse population, a creative culture, and a history of supporting those in need, Toronto has never ceased to inspire me. Toronto gave me what I needed to find success in my own life, and I have been proud to serve as a City Councillor, finding new opportunities to make Toronto a success for everyone.
It is an honour to be your local representative in the new Ward 13, Toronto Centre! As City Councillor, I have worked to expand parks and public spaces, secure more affordable housing and shelter capacity, bring new economic opportunities to the Downtown East, and advance service gaps that have led to inequity in our neighbourhoods.
On the heels of Election night, I was honoured to be chosen Best City Councillor by the Readers of NOW Magazine for the fourth year in a row. This award belongs to all of us - to the countless residents, community groups and local businesses that continuously stand up for Toronto and work to build healthier and more livable communities. I will continue to defend Toronto and the services that we know build strong, resilient neighbourhoods.
Through community partnerships, collaborating with neighbourhood groups, project consultations, and tireless advocacy, I know we can only do this work together. Community members like yourself are at heart of everything we do and I need your help to continue guiding this work effectively. I look forward to working together!
With the support of my communities, as a City Councillor I have successfully:
- Improved parks and expanded public spaces;
- Built new affordable housing and renovated TCH buildings;
- Defended the rights of tenants and the most vulnerable;
- Preserved heritage buildings and created Heritage Conservative Districts
- Developed the immediate 12-month and 5-year Downtown East Action Plan for more vital city services
- Created safer neighbourhoods and more walkable streets;
- Initiated the Noise By-Law review to ensure stronger enforcement;
- Guided development to address local needs; and
- Dismantled the quasi-judicial Ontario Municipal Board to give local communities more say in planning decisions
I believe in a Toronto that is safe, livable and affordable, where we can live, work, invest and play together, and where city services are efficient and respond to everyone’s needs.
As your City Councillor, I will continue to fight for a fair Toronto. I will continue to work relentlessly to protect our neighbourhoods while bringing both integrity and accountability to City Hall.
Yours in service,