This upcoming election is crucial. We need a strong and progressive City Council that will protect local neighbourhoods and invest in local communities. We need to continue working together towards our shared vision of an affordable, safe and liveable Toronto.
Help celebrate our office opening in the new ward of Toronto Centre with friends and supporters.
I am proud to run for re-election with my friend and the current TDSB Trustee Chris Moise. Chris has been a trusted and progressive voice at the TDSB. He has stood up for fairness, equity and opportunity every step of the way. We need a strong and progressive school board that will stand up for our schools, students and teachers.
Toronto is where my heart lives. I love our people, our parks, streets, and culture. It is why I have been at the forefront of this battle for our democracy, rights and freedoms. Because I believe in the strength of our city and know the difference strong local representation can make.
With the support of residents, I have successfully:
- Built new affordable housing and renovated TCH buildings;
- Promoted safer neighbourhoods and more walkable streets;
- Defended the rights of tenants and the most vulnerable;
- Improved parks and expanded public spaces;
- Guided development to address local needs;
- Developed the Downtown East Action Plan for more city services;
- Eliminated the Ontario Municipal Board; and
- Initiated the Noise By-Law review to ensure stronger enforcement.
As your city champion, I will continue to fight for equity and fairness. I will continue to bring accountability and integrity to City Hall. We need a progressive City Council who will protect the rights of residents and small businesses, and will affect positive change in our communities.