Imagine home care and long-term care that gives our parents and grandparents a better quality of life as they age, rather than taking it away. Imagine a system that takes care of aging Ontarians the way they deserve, with better living, better care, and more peace of mind for families.
To accomplish this, we need a new, public and non-profit system where every dollar goes directly to residents — not to corporate profits.
Together, Kristyn and the NDP will:
- Overhaul home care to help people live at home longer
- Make all long-term care public and not-for-profit
- Build small, modern, family-like homes in all parts of the province
- Staff up with full-time, well-paid, well-trained caregivers
- Making family caregivers partners, not just visitors
- Create affirming care that is culturally responsive and inclusive
- Clear the waitlist so nobody has to wait years for a bed, and even longer for a culturally appropriate home.
- Guarantee new and stronger protections, including comprehensive inspections and a Seniors’ Advocate