It’s getting harder and harder for Ontarians to get the health care they need. Too many Ontarians wait hours at the ER, wait weeks for a doctor’s appointment, or spend weeks or months waiting in pain and anxiety for a surgery.
The pandemic exposed just how broken our health care system is, with nurses, doctors and other health professionals chronically short-staffed and run off their feet, unable to give patients the time and attention they need.
Together, we can fix this. The Ontario NDP has a practical, doable plan to rebuild and strengthen health care in Ontario.
Together, Kristyn and the NDP will:
- Deliver universal, publicly funded mental health care and expand OHIP to cover mental health counselling and therapy services
- Address the overdose crisis in this province
- Clear the COVID-19 surgical backlog
- Work with the federal government to strengthen and accelerate the expansion of dental care
- Take immediate action to begin hiring 10,000 PSWs and raising wages
- Begin to hiring 300 doctors in Northern Ontario including 100 specialists and 40 mental health practitioners
- Work immediately on Universal Pharmacare for Ontarians
- Protect and support perinatal mental health