2SLGBTQIA+ people in Ontario still face transphobia, homophobia, prejudice, and barriers to accessing services like health care, employment, economic opportunities, seniors care, and justice. For decades, both Liberal and Conservative governments have largely failed to meaningfully address inequities and structural barriers people in 2SLGBTQIA+ communities often experience. An NDP government will work with 2SLGBTQIA+ communities to remove barriers to the services and programs people need, and foster safety and inclusiveness in our institutions and public spaces, so that everyone can live with pride at every age and stage of their life.
Kristyn and the NDP will:
- Launch a 2SLGBTQIA+ Inclusion Action Plan to ensure government services like health care, education and long-term care are inclusive and welcoming
- Make PrEP free
- Cover costs for necessary medications and transition drugs
- Fund shelter spaces and wraparound services for queer and trans youth and adults
- Support 2SLGBTQIA+ owned businesses through our diverse vendor strategy
- Introduce a grant program to support 2SLGBTQIA+ community organizations to expand programming and services