Tips for practising safer sex during COVID-19 include:
- Wash your hands before and after having sex, whether alone or with a partner.
- Use condoms or a glove or condom cut open to reduce contact during oral or anal sex.
- Use condoms to protect from sexually transmitted infections.
- Clean sex toys and consider covering them with a condom.
- Do not share sex toys with others.
- Avoid kissing and having sex with a partner, if feeling unwell, or if you have COVID-19.
- Avoid having sex if one partner has a health condition that can lead to more severe illness from COVID-19.