- Spending an additional $50 million over the next 10 years to equip police officers with body-worn cameras.
- Directing the Chief of Police to immediately provide the line-by-line breakdown of the Toronto Police Service's 2020 Budget and to make the breakdown publicly available by July 2020.
City Council also approved my recommendation, and long-standing position of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, to establish an accountability office for Toronto Police. This would require annual reporting on police practice and policies.
- City Council directed the City Manager to report on the implementation of a City of Toronto Mobile Crisis Assistance Intervention Service that would deploy unarmed, medically trained crisis intervention assistance personnel when responding to calls for people in crisis, based on the successful CAHOOTS (Crisis Assistance Helping Out On The Streets) model from Eugene, Oregon.
- Ensure the newly hired Chief of Police has a proven track record of successful reform.
- Post all relevant open data with regards to race-based data strategy to the open data portal.