Every year, the City of Toronto's Access, Equity and Human Rights (AEHR) Awards recognize the achievements of people who, or programs that, made a difference in Toronto by working to eliminate discrimination or break down barriers to equality. The Aboriginal/Indigenous Affairs Award – given to those whose volunteer efforts have improved the well-being and advancement of the Aboriginal/Indigenous community – is one of five AEHR awards (descriptions are attached):
- Aboriginal/Indigenous Affairs Award
- Access Award for Disability Issues
- Constance E. Hamilton Award for the advancement on the status of women
- Pride Award for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Trans and 2-Spirit Issues
- William P. Hubbard Award for Race Relations
Please share this message with appropriate individuals and your networks to let them know about the AEHR Awards.
Nominees must be Toronto residents, groups or programs. It is easy to submit a nomination with both online and mail-in options. More information, including past recipients, is available at http://toronto.ca/civicawards.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, August 31 at 4 p.m.