Every year, the City of Toronto's Access, Equity and Human Rights (AEHR) Awards recognize the achievements of people who, or programs that, made a difference in Toronto by working to eliminate discrimination or break down barriers to equality. The following categories are:
- Aboriginal/Indigenous Affairs Award
- Access Award for Disability Issues
- Constance E. Hamilton Award for the advancement on the status of women
- Pride Award for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Trans and 2-Spirit Issues
- William P. Hubbard Award for Race Relations
Award recipients will be recognized at a public event on the evening of December 4th, 2017 at Council Chambers, City Hall. Performances and a reception will follow the award ceremony.
Nominees must be Toronto residents, groups or programs. It is easy to submit a nomination with both online and mail-in options. More information, including past recipients, is available at http://toronto.ca/civicawards. The deadline for nominations is Thursday, August 31 at 4 p.m.