[YES] I have been laid off due to COVID-19 related work closures

Employment Insurance (EI)

Please Note:

If you have already applied for EI Regular benefits but are not yet receiving benefits, you will automatically be assessed for the CERB.

Step 1: Ask your employer for a RECORD OF EMPLOYMENT (ROE). They will either give you a paper copy or send an electronic copy directly to Service Canada.

Step 2: Apply as soon as possible (even if you don’t have your ROE yet).

Apply Online

If you can’t apply online, call 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)*

*This line is overloaded right now


Important to know:

  • March 27: SERVICE CANADA OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED. We are waiting to hear how the government will help people without a computer and internet.
  • You can prove your identity to the government faster online if you use online banking through your bank or credit union.
  • As of April 6, there will just be one application site for EI and CERB. you won’t have to pick between them.

More Information

Take action

Invite Me To Your Event
Community Resources
Contact 311
Phone: 416-392-7903
Constituency Office: 100 Queen St W, A5, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2