How do I apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)?

Please note, as of August 2020, the federal government is preparing to transition as many Canadians as possible from CERB back into the Employment Insurance program in the coming weeks.

If you have not already applied for EI, you can apply for the CERB. You can do this with the CRA or with Service Canada, but not both. A few questions will guide you to the right form for you. Answer the questions under Get Started, on the Canada Emergency Response Benefit page. 

There are two ways to apply:

  • Online with CRA My Account
  • Over the phone with an automated phone service -1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041

If you can, get ready to apply by setting up a MyAccount with the Canada Revenue Agency and giving your banking information for direct deposit. Another way to set up direct deposit can be through your bank if you use online banking.

Phone: 416-392-7903
Constituency Office: 100 Queen St W A5, Toronto, ON, M5H 2N2