157 King St E, Toronto, ON
The City of Toronto is consulting the public to help develop a new 10-year housing strategy. HousingTO: 2020-2030 Action Plan should address homelessness and housing affordability today and in the future.
Questions that we need to answer include:
- How to effectively define “affordable” housing in an expensive city like Toronto?
- How can we expand affordable housing today and not 10 years from now?
- What does “housing as a human right” look like in Toronto?
- How can we build more non-profit and co-operative housing?
- How do we get new affordable housing into every new development?
Join us for a presentation, panel discussion and community conversation. We are keen to hear from you. We need your input to consider what is real affordable housing, establish where it should be built, and how we can immediately get the best outcomes to address Toronto’s housing crisis.
- Alyssa Brierley, Executive Director and General Counsel, CERA - Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation
- Deborah Cowan, Associate Professor, Geography and Planning, University of Toronto
- Joy Connelly, housing consultant& advocate
- Abigail Moriah, Senior Development Manager, New Commons
Moderated by Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/405343253391942/