In August 2018, in the middle of an ongoing election, Premier Ford slashed Toronto City Council from a projected 47 Councillors to 25 City Councillors to represent almost 3 million residents. This drastic move was unheard of and it flew contrary to good, effective representation. I fight for a City Council that is representative of the diversity of our city. City Council is comprised of several smaller committees dedicated to specific issues and working areas.
Along with City Council, I sit on the following Committees:
- Board of Health (Vice-Chair)
- Toronto Accessibility Advisory Committee (Chair)
- LGBTQ2S+ Community Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Planning and Housing Committee
- Toronto and East York Community Council
- LiveTO Board of Directors
Ways You Can Get Involved
- Watch City Council and committee meetings live-streamed, in real-time, on City Council's Official YouTube Channel.
- Follow City Council and Committee meetings, agendas and minutes. Register to give a deputation and learn more about upcoming meetings. All meetings are open to the public.