The City of Toronto is seeking eligible members of the public to join the Disability, Access, and Inclusion Advisory Committee for a four-year term beginning in 2016.
If you have the time, talent and enthusiasm that City of Toronto is looking for and want to serve in a high profile and challenging board, this is the position for you.
Apply today and Serve your City!
The Disability, Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee is composed of 12 members of the public and up to three members of City Council. As required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the Committee provides advice to City Council on the elimination of barriers faced by people with disabilities and the requirements and implementation of accessibility standards and the preparation, implementation and effectiveness of accessibility reports.
Board Members responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the agenda and any accompanying materials
- Attending and participating in all committee meetings
- Attending and participating in any working groups, as required
- Advising on strategies and actions required to achieve the City's access, equity and human rights objectives
- Advising on the implementation of Council's policies regarding access, equity and human rights
DEADLINE AND HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
How to Apply: Visit https://secure.toronto.ca/pa/decisionBody/321.do
*Current members are strongly encouraged to re-apply for the new term.