Transportation Services plans, constructs and manages the transportation infrastructure within the public right-of-way, including the public realm, sidewalks and roads.
The Division handles:
- Seasonal and year-round maintenance activities (e.g., road repair, snow clearing, salting, potholes, sidewalk maintenance, grass cutting, street sweeping, etc.)
- Traffic planning and right-of-way enforcement and management
- On-street parking, construction, and event permits
- Neighbourhood improvements, street furniture, and graffiti management programs
- Infrastructure and cycling planning, management, and programming
- Road safety, traffic signals, street signs, and pavement markings
- The Division’s vision is to provide a safe, efficient, and effective transportation system that serves our residents, businesses, and visitors in an environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable manner.
Comments from participants: